Andante is looking for a communication manager
Andante is a platform for Catholic women to express their ideas, to discuss them frankly and with trust, even if they arrive at different conclusions. “We need to establish common values across our different cultures; we should be able to respond to current and emerging issues in a way that reflects Gospel values and our experience as women. We can offer the female vision of the Common Good.”
The Communication Manager is a valuable support for the functions of Andante. This person is in charge of supporting the internal communication with Andante members, partners and Friends of Andante as well as supporting the external communication and logistics of Andante events.
Job duties and responsibilities (time allocation, 10 hours per week)
- Supporting the communication around the key events of Andante like Study Days (10%).
- Preparation of social media posts and controlling the growth of visibility (5%)
- Management of Andante’s social networks (5%).
- Support in management of the communication platform, both internally and externally, creating a monthly newsletter and planning or creating the content for the web page (5%).
- Support communication and the offer for the Friends of Andante (5%)
- Preparing a backbone structure for the Communication Plan to be developed (5%)
Andante hopes to expand this role to include in the future:
- Internal and external communication expert and strategist
This position will report to the CoCoA Communication Team, the Secretary General for administrative roles and the Treasurer for financial roles.
Required qualifications and experience
- English–speaking and writing. Advanced level C1. Both French and German is desirable, but not necessary for the job.
- Proven organisational and project management skills with at least 3 years of experience in management support functions.
- Confident with IT systems including Zoom, Microsoft Office programmes, Googledrive and Google Groups, Survey Monkey, Doodle, website management etc. Experience in managing Zoom events and breakaway sessions, remote whiteboards etc would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Catholic women movement, organisations and connections is desirable but not necessary.
- Performs well remotely and with a results-orientation, does not require constant supervision and delivers results with timeliness and quality.
- The work calls for strong IT skills to solve unusual as well as common work problems, to be able to advise on technical matters of the platforms (zoom, google drive, social media platforms) and to serve as a resource on the subject for others in the organisation.
- Good team player, able to work well with the organising committee as well as with Andante partners
- Creative thinking and initiative to problem solve and drive processes
- Well organised with good project management skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Be credible in representing Andante
- It is important that the person has a computer and good internet connection since the work will be remote (home office).
- The person is expected to work an average of 10 hours per week, distributed across 3 months from 18th September till 18th The schedule will be agreed with the Communication Manager, but above all emails must be answered within 24 hours.
Process for applying
Please send a letter explaining why your experience is relevant to the specifications and experience above, with a CV, the names and contact details of two referees, by 15th August, to:
Almut Franke-Postberg, head of Andante Secretariat at email@example.com